Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

My inspiration for this color splash came from a photo I took on one of our trips to London - I love the plated gold accents in this photo and it lead me to think of a rich, yet subtle pairing: plum and pale pink. Think tea party and pearls! Pair delicate fabrics with ruffled flowers like peonies and hydrangeas for a romantic feel. Utilize traditional fine china like this set from Vera Wang to create a whimsical, yet traditional table.Bridesmaids or party dresses in tea length is perfect in any shade of lighter purple, like this one from J. Crew. The table setting photo came from theknot.com - the top left photo is one I took - invitation by our lovely partner in the Good Life Collection - Izzy Girl. The cocktail ring and necklace are from my personal collection; as is the pale pink fabric.Whether you utilize this color splash inspiration for a garden tea party or a wedding, have fun and happy planning!

No comments: