Here is a short list of who you might want to provide a holiday tip or gift to:
- Your postal worker who delivers your mail day in and day out, rain, sleet, or shine! They can't accept cash tips, so how about a hand-written thank you note with box of homemade holiday cookies (anything under a $20 price tag) or a great coffee box with beans, biscotti, and a mug?
- Anyone who provides you with continual service such as a hair stylist, manicurist, florist, or personal shopper can be given a cash thank you or a gift basket (think gourmet goodies with a nice bottle of wine) - up to $75. Keep in mind they make you look good so showing your appreciation is a good thing!
- Garbage and recycling drivers - a cash gift up to $25 or home-baked cookies or a large travel mug with gourmet cocoa mix
- Any home workers you might have like gardeners, housekeepers, cooks, etc. can be offered a cash tip up to $50 each or also a homemade gift basket
- Anyone else not mentioned like your dog groomer, doorman, or anyone else who provides you with a service on a regular basis can also be given a gift card or a cash gift from $20-50 or a homemade gift. A doctor or dentist can be given a written thank you note (gift not needed)
While these are merely suggestions, be sure to enclose a thank you note to each person you tip or gift this year. Let them know how much you appreciate their great service!
Happy Holidays, Aleah + Nick